Found from /r/AskReddit.
Some of these are hard to swallow, no pun intended, but they all serve as poignant reminders about the current dating landscape.
1. Sometimes the feeling isn’t mutual. (tbmcrowley)
2. You still need to have your own life outside of the relationship. (GrayFaceNoSpace)
3. Just because the sex is great doesn’t mean everything else is. (Lindseygray89)
4. You will create an ideal version of them based on your own expectations and desires and hormones, and that version does not exist, and you will eventually realize it. (orangeisacop)
5. If you can’t put the past behind you the relationship is going to fail. (ctrl_alt_deleted)
6. Your SO is statistically the person most likely to murder you. When it comes to ‘harsh truths about dating’, I think this is most literal answer. (sarfreer)
7. The infatuation phase is finite. (TheAustr0naut)
8. You don’t really know someone until you live with them. (TheExtremeChef2)
9. Nice guys don’t finish last but shy guys don’t really play. (redrhyski)
10. You will fight, more than with anyone else. Make sure its someone that fights clean. (imma_viking)
11. The one who loves the least, has the most power. (tessyfink)
12. People can fall out of love pretty easily, despite things seeming perfect. Sometimes it happens for no reason, that’s just life. (notasmartusername)
13. If they cheat with you they’ll cheat on you. I thought I was the exception; I was not. (boobs4beer)
Are we missing any?