Ah, yes, Dartmouth University College — notorious for its prolific drinking culture, outdoorsmanship and god awful winters, yet it still stands as one most “unique” Ivies and top academic institutions in the world. I’d also be remiss to not mention that Dartmouth is thought to be where the game of beer pong originated.
1. You can drink like a fish.
2. You still consume hard alcohol even though it is supposedly banned.
3. You know more than 5 people who are Republicans.
4. You have a love/hate relationship with the smell of incense.
5. You’ve described someone as either “a jock,” “crunchy,” or “fratty.”
6. You’re proud to have Keggy The Keg as your unofficial, yet still badass, school mascot.
7. You’ve puked in at least one fraternity basement.
8. You’ve unfortunately heard this joke too many times:
“How many Dartmouth students does it take to change a lightbulb?
None — Hanover doesn’t have electricity.”
9. You enjoy the somewhat laid back atmosphere at Dartmouth, but you are still busting your academically-inclined-ass between ski trips and parties.
10. And lastly, you voluntarily choose to spend 4 winters in Hanover, New Hampshire.
Featured Image Source: Bloomberg/Getty Images
Want to write for Ivy League Lifestyle? Click here to send in a sample of your writing, submit a picture, or even drop us a tip.